Transaction Size and Scope
Blue Point typically invests equity capital in market-leading, lower middle-market companies in the manufacturing, business services, consumer and value-added distribution sectors with the following characteristics:
- $20 million to $300 million in revenue
- EBITDA greater than $5 million
- Leaders in the markets served
- Strong fit with the Blue Point value-add toolkit
Additionally, Blue Point seeks add-on acquisitions for our portfolio (where the financial metrics above may not be relevant).
Blue Point targets opportunities to make investments in situations that arise from:
- Recapitalizations of closely-held or family-owned companies that provide liquidity to the sellers while allowing for continuing ownership
- Management-led buyouts of private companies
- Companies that need significant capital to fund internal growth or growth from add-on acquisitions
We are particularly focused on situations where we are the first outside equity capital in a growing business.
Our team comprises experienced and practical professionals. With years of experience in the lower middle-market, we understand and appreciate the importance to business owners of a transaction process that is transparent, efficient and timely — and conducted with the highest levels of integrity. We know that a transaction is a very important milestone in a company’s history, and we treat it with the respect that it deserves.